Kids day out in Tullochs MillTagged as outdoor, history
About Tullochs Mill
In the late 1850’s David Loche built Knight’s Ferry’s first flour mill. It was destroyed by the flood of 1862, and a second new mill was built here by David Tulloch.
A dam upstream diverted water to a water wheel which turned the millstones.
Before the turn of the century, Charles Tulloch, David’s son, converted the flour mill into a hydroelectric plant. This plant provided electrical power for the surrounding countryside until the late 1920’s.